Post-Divorce Modifications

After a divorce or paternity judgment, many things change in a person's life. People lose jobs. Custodial parents have opportunities in another community or state. Meeting alimony or support obligations becomes too difficult. Alabama family law judges know that modifications are sometimes necessary to make sure that the parties are able to meet the obligations of the judgment.

If you reside in the Birmingham metropolitan areas or central Alabama and can no longer meet the obligation of your family law judgment, don't let it slide. Failing to make monthly payments on time or simply packing up and moving without court approval can result in a very serious contempt charge. Call Dutton & Ellis, Attorneys at Law, in Jasper. We have years of experience helping people find solutions to their modification needs.

Our lawyers can help you with:

  • Child support modifications
  • Spousal support (alimony) changes
  • Relocation petitions
  • Parenting schedule modifications

Failing To Make Payments Is Contempt Of Court. Are You Owed Money?

A custody, child support or alimony order is a legal judgment. Failure to make payments is contempt of court and a serious civil and criminal offense. If you are owed money and have been unable to get the help you need through your county social services department, call us for aggressive help.

No Matter What Side Of The Modification Issue You Are On, We Can Help

We also represent clients who are being sued to increase child support payments beyond the amount required by law. Parents in this situation generally want to do everything they can for their children, but also shoulder the financial burden of supporting their own household separate from the children. We understand the economic reality you are facing, and we will fight for your interests.

Contact Our Firm

To learn more about how we can protect your child support and child custody rights, contact us online or call 205-282-4370 for a free initial consultation. We accept credit cards. Evening and weekend appointments are available by request.